Friday, October 22, 2010

An Amazing Moment . . .

If there is one thing that has changed us during this journey it's the fact that we cherish the little things. We no longer take for granted all the milestones that our kids take. The last couple of days, Matthew has started this new routine of wanting to run fast. He will say, "Watch me run, I'm fast" and then he takes off running like a wild man. He gets so excited and will say, "I do it again." Yesterday, Craig and I were cheering for him for a half an hour while he ran and then I started to cry. It was amazing to see our boy running with so much energy and he wasn't breathing hard and he stayed pink. Wow, what an amazing thing. We are so blessed!!! I used to give him his bath and he would get cold and turn some crazy shades of blue. Last night he was cold during his bath and stayed pink. I'm overwhelmed with excitement as I watch my little guy being able to run and not struggling to catch his breath or that his body is able to sustain high oxygen levels even when he is cold! These new milestones have me teary eyed and made me realize what an amazing miracle Taylor is too!!

This journey has been worth it's ups and downs and Craig and I have grown stronger. I was talking to Melissa (a fellow heart mom) about our kids yesterday and how lucky we are to be chosen as parents of these heart kids. We are excited to see what they do with their lives because they are fighters and I think they will accomplish everything they put their heart into. I also want to thank Melissa for being a strong support for me.

Thanks for letting me brag a little okay a lot but I'm so proud of Matthew. Have a great weekend and enjoy this beautiful fall day.